Tuesday, 11 June 2013

May Favourites

As it's now June, I thought it'd be time to let you guys know what I've been using a lot & loving this past month. So here we go, my May favourites :)


Taylor Swift 'Wonderstruck' Perfume: I recieved this as a Christmas present last year and from the second I first used it, I fell in love with it. It has such a summery smell to it and it lingers on your clothing for ages, so you're always smelling nice. I didn't use it through March or April, as I forgot I had it oops, but recently it's my go to perfume. I just love it. The bottle is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and the font is just magical. 



Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish in '216 Pink Boom': I bought this quite recently. It is such a nice, pretty casual colour to wear on an everyday basis and possibly even a fancy event. It's really easy to apply to the nails and has a smooth finishing texture. I bought this in Superdrug for around £2.99. Wheeyhey, complete bargain. The only downside to it, is that it does chip quite easily and I did find myself having to repaint my nails every couple of days. Other than that, it's a lovely go to nail polish.



Accessorize Baked Duo Eyeshadow in '16 Freya': I also bought this quite recently and I've worn it nearly everyday that I've applied makeup. It is literally a perfect eyeshadow. It has a golden colour and a pinky gold mixed colour and both of them are so pigmented and shimmery that it lasts on your eyes for ages. If you have quite light or dark eye colours, this can really make your eyes stand out, as they have such a strong pigmentation. I love this eyeshadow so much and I usually just blend both colours together as they make a really nice duo. It was £4 which I highly recommend paying as the eyeshadow is such great quality.



Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick in '16': I bought this around late March time as a treat for finishing my Drama exam (hell yeah!) and it was honestly one of the best products I have ever used in my life. The lipstick is so easy to apply as it's soft and it has such a high pigment to it. It leaves a really lovely shade of pink on your lips. The only downside I would say is that it does come off quite quickly due to activities such as talking, drinking, etc. So you do have to reapply it every couple of hours; it is a pain. It was about £5.94 but honestly, if you don't own one. Go to the shops now and buy yourself one!


And last but not least, the non beauty related items.


'Perfect Chemistry' by Simone Elkeles: I was given this 2 Christmas' ago and since then I think i've reread it at least 20 times. Simone Elkeles is a beautiful writer. Although the book in many places may seem a little clique, the storyline still remains flawless and really defines how different our lives truly are behind closed doors. If you love teen romance novels with a sense of thrill to them, I'd highly recommend this book to you. It is in my top 5 books and I'm an avid reader, so I've read A LOT of books in my lifetime.


House Of Anubis Season 3 Finale: HOA concluded season 3 this month with the best finale to a TV show I've seen in awhile. My inner fangirl was through the roof because of this finale. It was perfect. Now if any of you reading this who ship Freddie & Patricia or Joy & Jerome, you will understand how perfect these couples are. Oh my god, there aren't even words to describe how flawless this season was! I highly recommend this show if you enjoy teen thriller dramas. A complete 10/10.

So there was a little look into my May favourites and I hope you've enjoyed reading this :)
If you've seen/used any of this things mentioned above and agree with me, leave a little comment below.


Until next time,

- Katie. x


1 comment:

  1. Hiya I've nominated your blog I know some people have been nominated twice but I'm not a hundred per cent sure how this works.

    Go over to my blog if your interested:)

    http://curlsandcometsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete