Thursday, 23 January 2014

PUMP Fitness!

As like the majority of people, one of my New Years Resolutions is to lose weight and keep it off.  Along with my usual routine of walking half an hour everyday to the train station, eating healthy and going to the gym twice a week, I've now decided to incorporate at fitness class into my regime. Even though I do like to think of myself as a fitness enthusiast. The fitness class I've decided to join is PUMP which I attend at my local leisure centre twice a week.

For those unfamiliar with PUMP, it's basically a full body workout which uses weights for every part of your body. The routine lasts 55 minutes and includes a warm up, lunges/legs, squats, back, shoulder press, bench press, push ups, core exercises & warm downs. Of course it varies from session to session, but with the intensity of the workout, you do see significant improvements.

Tonight was my third time. I'm definitely starting to see improvements in my fitness and slightly in my strength - which is good for weaklings like me. They say it takes 4 weeks for you to notice change within your own body, so after another 2 weeks, hopefully I should start to see some toning going on with my stomach muscles and slowly starting to gain muscle, whilst losing the pounds. I honestly recommend this class to anyone who's looking for something fun and challenging to do. Whoever knew working out could be so much fun?


Until next time,

- Katie.x

No comments:

Post a Comment